Friday 11 December 2009

Things I love about living in Hove 1

Brighton & Hove has a superb library service offering book borrowing and computer access for free - there's a small charge for borrowing CDs, DVDs and audio books. I listen to a lot of audio books (they're great for knitting to) over the course of a year and I borrowed this lot from Hove Library today using my audio-visual subscription card - the card is an absolute bargain at £30 a year (half price for over 60s like me) and I can take out up to 8 items at the same time. Now, which one shall I start listening to first....

3 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

If I had the choice I would save my favourite till last! My favourite is 39 Steps

Emm@ said...

Rock on la bibliothèque.

Unknown said...

It costs 50p a time here to hire a CD, or 85p for a new release. I'm not sure about audio books. I think they are free now, or 50p each. Not sure as I don't listen to them. Personally I would go for the 39 steps first. A great story.